Thin layers growing system by evaporation (System 2)
- Ultra pure metallic thin layers growing system by thermal evaporation.
- Its main use at LBTS is to grow low-Tc nano-structured superconductors, for instance to study the quantum effects associated to the sample's composition and coherence length.
- 2 independent evaporation sources.
- Vacuum up to 10-8 mbar, generated by a vacuum pump group.
- Possibility of introducing a controlled atmosphere, as well in pressure as in composition.
- Rotative sample holder.
- Piezoelectric thickness detector coordinated by the electricity source to maintain a uniform growing profile.