Sputtering systems for thin film growth
Two sputtering systems to grow thin films of different materials on top of single-crystal substrates. One of them is an in-house development.
The commercial system allows the motorized positioning of the substrate. The in-house development has a high-vacuum chamber with a pre-chamber. Currently, they are used mainly to regularly grow metallic and ceramic films of thickness 50 to 300nm.
- Sputtering gas: Ar/O2 or pure O2.
- Pressures down to 10-8 mbar.
- Temperature of the substrate: up to 900 ºC.
- Pulverization power: 5 W/cm2 (aprox).
- Pulverization current: 400 mA (aprox).
- Possibility of using 2 targets.
- dc and rf power supplies
- Growth rate: 1 nm/min (aprox.)
- Growth surface: 1x1 cm2
- Possibility of growing multilayers.