High-resolution magnetometer based in the superconducting quantum interference effect (SQUID). Used for the measurement of magnetic properties of different materials. Equiped with various additional modules and options, such as:
- RSO (improves the sensibility to 10-8 emu),
- 4He liquifier (for cost reduction), 3He refrigeration (iQuantum, able to cool down to 0.5K),
- oven up to 800K,
- ultra low field (ULF, 0.01Oe),
- horizontal angle selection (0-360º in steps of 0.1º),
- extended dynamic range (up to 300emu).
It may be combined with electrical transport measurement systems such as the one in our lab.
- Ultra Low Field (ULF): allows using magnetic fields below 0.01 Oe.
- Oven: allows reaching temperatures up to 800 K.
- iQuantum 3He refrigerator: allows to cool down to 0.5 K.
- Reciprocating Sample Option (RSO): sample positioning system, which improves the resolution in magnetic moment (better than 10-8 emu).
- Extended Range: extends the measurement range to 300 emu.
- Uniformity of the intrinsic field of 0.01% above 4 cm.
- Resolution of the magnetic field in the measurement region: ~1 G up to 7 T and ~0.2 G up to 0.6 T.
- Temperature variation rate: up to 10 K/min between 300 K and 10 K and up to 2 K/min between 10 K and 2 K.
- Temperature stability of ±0.2%.
- Automated control unit for the temperature of the magnetic field and the measurement system.