Physical property measurement system
PPMS by Quantum Design
Versatile system for the measurement of different thermal, magnetic, and transport properties. Currently installed in the general services of our University.
- Temperature range: 1.9-400K, with continuous low-temperature control.
- Field range: from 0.01 Oe (with the ultra-low field option) to 9 T.
- Measurent options:
- AC measurement system (ACMS): measurement of AC susceptibility (frequency range: 10-104 Hz, resolution: 2x10-8 emu) and DC magnetization (resolution: 2.5x10-5 emu).
- AC transport measurements system (ACT): allows the measurement of AC resistivity, 5-wire Hall effect, I-V curves and critical current. Current range: 10 μA-2A, frequency range: 10-104 Hz, sensitivity: 1 nV at 1 kHz.
- DC resistivity: Simultaneous measurement of up to 3 samples. Current range: 5 nA-5mA, sensitivity: 20 nV.
- Horizontal rotator: Range: from -10º to 370º, angular step size: 0.0045º.
- Automated control unit for the temperature, the magnetic field and the measurement system.