Evaporation systems for thin film growth & coatings
Two systems to grow ultrapure metallic films and multilayers by thermal evaporation. Their main uses are the production of thin films of metallic low-Tc superconductors, and growing electrical contacts on top of other films.
- 2 independent evaporation sources
- Vacuum up to 10-8 mbar, generated by a vacuum pump group
- Possibility of introducing a controlled atmosphere, in pressure and in composition
- Cryogenic and rotating sample holders
- Piezoelectric thickness detector
- Electronic controller of the evaporation rate