Electronic Beam Lithography
- Micrometric and sub-micrometric dimensioned pattern elaboration on thin layers. Patterns implemented by:
- Lift-off: technique used to make structures by evaporating metallic layers.
- Etching, which can be:
- Physical (ions), for the construction of structures where a high precision is needed.
- Chemical (acid).
- Equipment: Elphy Plus by Raith, formed by an external module connected to a microscope and an electron beam commuter.
- Etching done with the 683 Met-Etch, used for the remove the parts not covered by the electro-resin (which defines the structure to implement).
- Energy of the ion of the gas used (generally argon, although also iodine can be used).
- Intensity of the electron beam.
- Attack duration.
- Resolution of 2nm (aprox) for voltaje of 30 KV.
- Bridges down to 200 nm width.