- Magnetometer based on SQUID detectors (Superconductor device of quantum interference).
- Used for the measurement of magnetic properties of different materials.
- Model MPMS-XL7 of Quantum Design.
- Ultra Low Field (ULF): it allows doing measures with magnetic fields less tan 1 mGauss.
- Oven (800 K): it allows reaching temperatures up to 800 K.
- iQuantum (3He): refrigeration with helium 3 which allows to cool down to 0.5 K.
- Reciprocating Sample Option (RSO): sample positioning system, which improves in two magnitude orders the resolution in comparison to the conventional DC system.
- Extended Range: extends the measurement range up to 300 emu.
- Uniformity of the intrinsic field of 0.01% above 4 cm.
- Resolution of the magnetic field in the measurement region: from 1 Gauss up to 7 Tesla and from 0.2 Gauss up to 0.6 Tesla.
- Temperature variation rate: up to 10 K/min between 300 K and 10 K and up to 2 K/min between 10 K and 2 K.
- Sensibility around 10-8 emu.
- Temperature stability of ±0.2%.
- Automated control unit for the temperature of the magnetic field and the measurement system.