About C. Carballeira
- Graduated in Physics from the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) in 1996 with average rate 9 out of 10
- Ph. D. in Physics in 2002 with the Thesis entitled “Contribution to the study of the short-wavelength regime of the superconducting fluctuations above Tc”, supervised by Prof. Félix Vidal and Dr. Manuel V. Ramallo. Maximum qualification (Sobresaliente Cum Laude) and Ph. D. Award
- From 2003 to 2006: Posrdoctoral Fellow at the Laboratorium voor Vaste-Stoffysica in Magnetisme of the KU Leuven (Belgium).
- From 2005 to 2011: Researcher of the Isidro Parga-Pondal Program of Xunta de Galicia ascribed to the LBTS of the USC. Ranked best candidate in Physics among the applicants.
- From 2011 to date Profesor Titular (tenure position for research and teaching) at the USC (Area of Condensed Matter Physics, currently in the Particle Physics Department).
- Ph.D and Postdoctoral scholarships granted by the Ramón Areces Foundation. Two times eligible for a Ramon y Cajal contract (2006 y 2007) and for a CSIC JAE contract (2008).
- Author or coauthor 33 research papers (26 in journals in the first quartile) and 3 book chapters. This includes 3 Physical Review Letters (one of them highlighted in the journal cover) and 11 Physical Review B. Co-supervisor of one Ph.D
- Participation in 17 research projects (6 national, 9 regional and 2 European) in Spain and in 5 research projects in Belgium.
- Research interests: Fluctuation phenomena in superconductors. Nanosuperconductivity. Confinement effects on the superconducting state of mesoscopic superconductors. Interaction between superconductivity and magnetism at the nanoscale.